Specialist Employability Support (SES)

What is Specialist Employability Support

Specialist Employability Support (SES) is intensive support and training to help you into work if you’re disabled.

What is the eligibility for Specialist Employablity Support?

To apply you must:

  • have a disability or health condition that affects the work you can do
  • be unemployed
  • be between school leaving age and State Pension age
  • be a UK resident

You’ll usually get Specialist Employability Support for 12 months.

How can I apply for Specialist Employability Support?

Contact your local Jobcentre Plus. Click on this link to find your nearest Jobcentre: https://find-your-nearest-jobcentre.dwp.gov.uk/

What other support services and organisations can help?
  • Remploy

Remploy is an organisation in the United Kingdom which provides employment placement services for disabled people.

Link: https://www.remploy.co.uk/

  • Connect

Independent careers advice, support, information and guidance for young people and adults.

Link: https://www.careerconnect.org.uk/ManchesterConnexions-i169.html

  • Breakthrough UK

Breakthrough UK is a Manchester based disabled people’s organisation. Breakthrough UK support other disabled people to work and live independently.
Link: https://www.breakthrough-uk.co.uk/

  • NHS – Individual Placements and Support Service

Individual Placement and Support offers route to employment for people with severe mental health conditions.

Link: https://www.gmmh.nhs.uk/individual-placements-and-support-service

  • New Enterprise Allowance

New Enterprise Allowance could give you money and support to help you start your own business.

Link: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/new-enterprise-allowance-campaign

Video link: https://youtu.be/CH7EPwFqugo

Gov.uk advice and support for work, employment and your rights:







Gov.uk Benefits:






Is the information on this page correct? If not, please let us know.