Young Carers in Schools is a free England wide initiative making it as easy as possible for schools to support young carers and awarding good practice. In doing so, it supports and celebrates effective local partnership working.
Tools aiming to make it as easy as possible for young carers services to raise school awareness of the programme locally, include:
• Exemplar text and icon for use on websites, local portals and in e-newsletters.
• Young Carers in Schools leaflet.
• Template letters for use with local schools.
• Young Carers in Schools video.
• PowerPoint presentations containing key information about young carers and the Young Carers in Schools programme.
These tools are available to download from the Young Carers in Schools Programme.
Is your school doing great things for young carers? Increase identification, improve outcomes and gain an Award for your school through the Young Carers in Schools programme, run by Carers Trust and The Children’s Society.