SEND Information, Advice and Support (IAS) Service.
Who are we?
We offer free, impartial information, advice and support to families of children and young people who have special educational needs or disabilities (SEND). We encourage and develop partnerships between children, young people, parents, schools, the council and all other partners who are involved in identifying, assessing and meeting the special educational needs of children and young people.
What do we do?
We offer information, advice and support on:
- SEND Local Offer
- SEND services available in Manchester
- Links to local parent support groups and forums
- Finding other local or national help
- Additional SEN support
- Individual casework and representation
- Preparing for and attending meetings
- Filling in forms and writing letters or reports
- Support in resolving disagreements, mediation and tribunals
- The role of Independent Supporters (IS) and how to access them
- Local policy and practice, personalisation, personal budgets, preparation for adulthood, the
law on SEN and Disability, health and social care
- The Education, Health and Care Plan (EHC) assessment and planning process and
information about existing Special Educational Needs (SEN) statements and the review
How to contact us
Helpline 0161 209 8356