The Local Offer for Young People

Finding Out About Support Near You

You can find out what support there is near you by looking at the Local Offer. This is the name of a web page or written information, like a leaflet. It is written by your local authority, which might be called ‘the council’.

The Local Offer is for:

  • Disabled children and young people
  • Children and young people with special educational needs. Special educational needs are when you need extra help to learn things.
  • Families of those children and young people.

The Local Offer must give you information about the support that you should be able to get in your area.

The Local Offer must have information about:

Special health support
Hobbies or fun activities
Support for becoming an adult

Please look at this poster for more details.



Is the information on this page correct? If not, please let us know.