A limited pot of discretionary childcare funding is available to support parents or carers of pre school age children to attend regular appointments or sessions as part of a package of support. Only professionals can apply for discretionary childcare funding such as Health visitors, Support Workers and Social Workers. If you are a parent or carer and feel that you are eligible for this funding please speak to the professional or service you are working with.
- Discretionary childcare funding is subject to the following criteria;
- The child/ren must be resident in the city of Manchester
- The funding is for child/ren who are pre school age
- The child/ren must not be eligible for 2 year old funding or 3 and 4 year old funding.
- Applications must be for no more than a maximum of 4 sessions per week over a maximum of a 12 week period.
- Applications must demonstrate that the funding is required to enable the parent or carer to engage with professional agencies or support services to meet agreed specific, identified needs. This may include regularly attending appointments or support sessions that will help to achieve the outcomes and resolve issues, identified as part of the package of support.
- It is the responsibility of the professional applying for funding to secure an appropriate childcare placement for the child/ren to whom the application relates. The application is for the purpose of securing funding only. The total cost of the placement and the details of the provision are required information on the application form.
- The childcare must be based in Manchester and should be registered with Manchester City Council to provide Free Entitlement to Early Education (2, 3 &4 year old funding)
Applications must be received at least 4 weeks prior to the start of any planned childcare which requires discretionary childcare funding.
To apply please complete the application form in the downloads section and send to email@example.com or if you require any further information please contact the team via email.