SENDIASS: Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information, Advice and Support Service Manchester
What is SENDIASS?
The Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS) offers information, advice and support for parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND). This service is also offered directly to young people. (Service previously known as: IAS, Parent Partnership)
The service is free, impartial and confidential.
Who do we help?
Manchester residents who are:
· Parents and carers of children and young people (0 – 25yrs) with special educational needs and/or disabilities
· Young people (age 16yr – 25yrs) with special educational needs and/or disabilities
· Professionals needing signposting and procedure information around the SEND Code of Practice
What can we help with?
· SEND Support - guidance on the SEND support process, identifying how to access SEND support in school, preparing for meetings
· Making informed decisions – providing information and support to help clarify priorities, explore options, identify goals
· EHC needs assessments and plans – information on the legal processes and procedures around EHC plans, EHC annual reviews, challenging decisions relating to EHC plans
· Understanding what to do when things go wrong - disagreement resolution processes, mediation, tribunal appeals, exclusions
· Legal processes – information and advice on legal rights according to the Children and Families Act (2014), the SEND Code of Practice (2015), the Equality Act (2010)
· Signposting to additional information, advice or support groups and services
How to contact us
Parent/carers, young people and professionals can contact SENDIASS directly:
· Phone our confidential helpline: 0161 209 8356
Please leave your name, contact number and a brief message. We aim to get back to you within three days. Email, via our confidential inbox: firstname.lastname@example.org