Skip to main content

Showing search results 10 of 3191

Advice & Information

 Directory results

Where to get help with Childcare

If you have any issues relating to Childcare, be it finding a suitable provider, applying for a place or paying for it.  Please contact your local Children's Centre for advice. Search for your local Children's Centre.

Staying safe on the Internet and on-line

Getting help and support about using the Internet and social media safely can be daunting. There are lots of organisations that offer practical support. Thinkuknow website:The ThinkUknow website offers practical advice and guidance for parents/carers and children and young people. ThinkUknow is the education programme…

Edward Timpson publishes landmark exclusions review

Timpson Review makes 30 recommendations to ensure exclusions are used appropriately and Government commits to new school accountability View the full Timpson Report here

The People’s History Museum (PHM): what we have learnt from Parent Champions

On Sunday 27 January 2019 we invited families with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) to visit the museum.  The aim was to give us some honest feedback about what we do well and what could be improved. Reflecting a month later, here is what…

Looking for things to do this summer? FAB Summer 2019

Looking for things to do this summer? Manchester Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Local Offer have put together a leaflet of fun activities. View the Things To Do leaflet here

Adult and Toddlers

Adult and Toddler groups are for children under 5 and their parents or carers.  They can be a great way of meeting other parents and give young children the chance to play.  Most children's centres offer Adult and Toddler groups. Check out your local centre's What's…

Applying for a primary / secondary school place

For information on applying for a school place, either Primary or Seconday - please access the Manchester City Council website admissions pages.

Special Provision Fund Capital Plan 2019

This plan shows how Manchester local authorities is planning to use capital funding provided by the Department for Education to invest in new provision to improve outcomes for children and young people with SEND. Please see the attached download.

Leaving Care? - Advice & Information

If you are a young person leaving care you may need help moving into adulthood, living independently and making your own decisions.  Please view our main website for advice and information.