Skip to main content

Showing search results 10 of 3193

Advice & Information

 Directory results

Single Route of Redress National Trial Extension Letter - November 2019

Please find attached the November 2019 letter outlining the extention of the SEND Tribunal: single route of redress national trial. 

Elective Home Education - advice and information

If you are educationg your child from home, or thinking about it - The following areas will be able to provide information and advice: Home Education Advisory Service Elective Home Education Service  Manchester City Council Website

Specialist Employability Support (SES)

What is Specialist Employability Support Specialist Employability Support (SES) is intensive support and training to help you into work if you’re disabled.

Early Help Practitioner Zone

Early Help is everybody’s business, and to ensure effective delivery, a full commitment to multi-agency working is required from all partner agencies. Through this we will be able to ensure a consistency of approach, application of levels of needs and agreed response frameworks. These pages…

Information and advice on Apprenticeships

Information regarding funding high needs students on apprenticeships can be found in the funding principles for 2015/16.  Apprenticeships Apprenticeships are also another option for high needs students. High needs funding for apprentices is met by the EFA through the SFA’s apprenticeship funding methodology, in summary…

SEND Local Offer: Who to Contact in Manchester

Information, Advice and Support (IAS) Manchester Telephone: 0161 209 8356 Email: For free confidential and impartial information, advice and support about any matters relating to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities of children and young people up to the age of 25 years. Statutory Assessment…

Travel and Transport

In this section you will find lots of information about travel and transport solutions for Disabled Children, Young People and their families.  

Data Protection and Privacy Notice

Data protection legislation (including the General Data Protection Regulations and the Data Protection Act 2018) gives you certain rights, including the right to access your personal data, and also places legal responsibilities on organisations (such as the Council) who process personal information about you. To find…

Relationships and Sex Education (RSE)

People who recieve good sex and  relationship education usually have better sexual knowledge, better sexual health and reduced vulnerability to sexual abuse. We’ve pulled together some really useful websites and resources: Mencap - Loads of easy to follow information, including a FAQ section for young…