Skip to main content

Showing search results 61 - 70 of 3187

Advice & Information

 Directory results

Housing-related Support

This area of the directory is currently under development - You can still explore all areas of the directory for housing-related support, and read more about what it means on our main website.

Information, Advice & Support Manchester

In this section you will find information about Information, Advice & Support Manchester. Parts of this area of the Local Offer are under development - soon you will find details of services and resources for parents and practitioners.

Preparing for Adulthood

Preparing for Adulthood (PfA) is a 2 year programme funded by the Department for Education and is delivered by a partnership between the National Development Team for inclusion (NDTi), the Council for Disabled Children (CDC) and Helen Sanderson Associates (HSA). Click here for further information…


Please use the sub-categories to find what you are looking for. For more information on getting the most out of the directory, see search help.

Support for working carers

Support for working carers Continuing to work while caring can help you feel good about yourself and provide you with social interaction outside of your caring role. To help you stay in work or return to work you may find it helpful to ask your…

Support with housing options

Support with housing options  Finding appropriate housing, or adapting either your home or the home of the person you care for, might be required for essential caring responsibilities, make your home safer and provide independence for the person you are looking after. For further information,…

Support in an emergency

Support in an emergency  As a carer you need to know that if an emergency happens, replacement care will get sorted speedily and efficiently. You should only call '999' when an immediate response is required and someone is in immediate danger. Call “111” if it…

Support to Parent Carers

Support to Parent Carers  A parent carer is a parent, or other adult with parental responsibility, who cares for a child or young person who requires more care and support than other children or young people of the same age. For further information, please view…

Support to stay well

Support to stay well  As an unpaid carer, it is important to look after your own health, so your ability to care is not affected. For further information, please view the services featured in this area of the directory, and advice & guidance articles.  …

Early Advice

It is important you get advice at an early stage, to advise you of your rights and  to be offered a carer’s assessment. It is also important to reduce the pressure on your own health.  Please see the website links below for further information on…