Skip to main content

Showing search results 71 - 80 of 3180

Advice & Information

 Directory results

Recent Updates

This area of the Local Offer is currently under development - please come back soon for information and recent updates.

Guidance on statutory visits to children with special educational needs and disabilities or health conditions in long-term residential settings

Please view the Statutory Guidance on visiting children with special educational needs and disabilities or health conditions in long term residential care .(November 2017) The guidance is aimed primarily at local authorities, health bodies and health or educational establishments. Based on The Visits to…

Effective SEN Support For Schools: Resources from the NASEN SEND GATEWAY

Please view the two links below, with guidance and examples of good practice around supporting young people with SEND in schools.

Post-16 transport to education and training

Please view the attached link for Post-16 transport to education and training Statutory guidance for local authorities Publised October 2017 DfE

Guidance tools for Practitioners in Youth Engagement

Young people should be influencing decisions about services which affect them. These tools are intended as a guide to help practitioners who want young people to participate in decision making processes. They can be used to help practitioners map out engagement within their service and…

Frequently Asked Questions Transport

How do I get a bus pass for school? Contact the Travel Co-ordination Unit on 0161 219 6400 to see if you are eligiable. How do I get a bus pass for Leisure? Contact Transport for Greater Manchester on 0161 244 1000, for details of bus passes and consessionary bus…

What if I don’t agree with decisions about SEN provision?

This information is about what you can do if your child has special educational needs (SEN) or a disability and you are unhappy about the help they are getting.IAS Manchester can: listen to your concerns help you sort out the issues identify other people who can…

Disagreement Resolution and Mediation Services in Manchester

Most disagreements can be sorted out by talking with the school, college, local authority, or Clinical Commissioning Group. Sometimes it can be difficult to reach agreement and IAS Manchester can help by providing impartial information, advice and support. Where issues can still not be resolved,…

Transforming Care Programme Information Sheet

Transforming Care is about making health and care work better for children and young people with autism and/or learning disabilities. It is the name used to describe how health, social care and education should work together to improve health and care services in local areas.…

Legal Support Project - Discrimination in Education Time Limited

The Legal Support Project provides advice and funding to help individuals who have experienced discrimination to pursue legal claims where they might not otherwise be able to access legal support. The aim of this project is to: increase access to justice for individuals who have…