PACEY (Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years) is a charity and professional association. We believe every child should reach their full potential and, since 1977, have worked with registered childminders, nannies as well as other individuals and organisations, such as local and national government, to ensure families in every community in England and Wales have access to high quality home-based childcare, play, learning and family support.
Is that every child reaches their full potential.
Is to ensure that families in every community have access to high quality, home-based childcare, play, learning and family support so they can help their children reach their full potential.
PACEY believes that children of all ages benefit from home-based childcare, play and learning because it is:
- consistent “ a child is cared for by the same registered childminder or nanny each day, often over a number of years
- flexible “ for example, a registered childminder or nanny can care for a child whose parents work atypical hours and will provide full, as well as wraparound, childcare
- inclusive “ a registered childminder or nanny can care for children of different ages and abilities together in family groups
- community-focussed “ a registered childminder or nanny can reflect the needs of local communities and enable the children they care for to be part of their local community
- personalised “ a registered childminder or nanny can meet the needs of individual children and families, such as teen parents or disabled children
- supportive “ babies and younger children, especially, do best in home-based childcare because they are cared for in smaller groups and by the same registered childminder or nanny each day.
PACEY's values guide all its staff and volunteers in how they make decisions about the work they do to support children, families, registered childminders and nannies.
PACEY's values are:
- a commitment to children, their rights, wellbeing and development
- inclusion and equality of opportunity
- membership involvement
- a commitment to high-quality services
- empowerment of all registered childminders and nannies to develop as excellent practitioners.
We achieve our vision and mission by working in partnership with:
- children and families, so they are aware of, and have access to, high quality, home-based childcare, play, learning and family support
- registered childminders and nannies to ensure they have the information, support and training they need to provide high-quality childcare, play, learning and family support to the children and families in their care
- government, local authorities, regulators and other organisations in England and Wales who influence the delivery of children's services, to ensure they are inclusive of home-based childcare