Between October and March each year Manchester Cares support those over 65, during the coldest months of the year, to stay warm, active, healthy and connected. We do this through our Winter Wellbeing project. We can support older neighbours by:
- Delivering a blanket or warm item of clothing to their door;
- Connecting individuals with organisations that can help reduce bills and offer benefits and insulation advice;
- Arranging small grants of up to £100 to help those who are struggling to keep their home warm or need a winter coat;
- Inviting older neighbours to our 15 free Social Clubs each month, and other activities close by;
- Introducing older neighbours to a young professional for weekly one to one visits as part of our Love Your Neighbour programme.