Manchester Women's Aid
Manchester Women’s Aid is an independent charity providing a range of services for women and children affected by domestic and sexual abuse.
Our services include:
- Confidential advice and information on domestic abuse and what you can do if you are being abused
- Safe temporary housing for women and their children
- One to one support from specialist workers for women and men living in their own homes in Manchester
- Safety planning and help to acces legal and civil orders
- Specialist workshops for young women aged 15-25
- Group work programme on domestic abuse for women with access to creches
- Language workers and access to interpreters
- Specialist support worker for individuals with poor mental health and drug and alcohol misuse
Who to contact
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Please contact 0161 660 7999 between 9:30am-4:30pm Monday to Friday to make a referral to any of our services. We accept self-referrals and referrals from agencies.
For help outside of these times please contact the Freephone 24 hour National Domestic Violence helpline on 0808 2000 247
- Other notes
We cover all areas in Manchester
We cater for additional needs including: young women; women whose first language is not English; disabled individuals and women with poor mental health and drug and alcohol misuse.