What is Aspirations?
Aspirations is a service which provides a comprehensive range of support, as well as social and creative activities for people with Asperger Syndrome / Higher Functioning Autism aged ten and above - there is no upper age limit.
The Aspirations project gives members the opportunity to socialise and make friends and have fun in a supported and protective environment.
Our current activities include:
- Laser Quest, Bowling, Cinema
- Meals out
- Youth Clubs: Monday, Tuesday Wednesday evening 6pm-8pm
- Take Away and DVD nights
- Pub/ Social Nights
- Drop In Sessions: Wednesday 12pm-4pm
- Walking/ Hiking Groups - monthly
- Activity Days: e.g. rock climbing, ice skating, canoeing or paintball.
- 1-2-1 support
- Holiday Activities: e.g. Alton Towers, Barge trips, Chester Zoo, Lake District
- Short Break Holidays.
What do service users get out of Aspirations?
All our services are aimed at helping our service users gain new skills and live more independent lives.
As autism is a complex disability affecting social communication, social interaction and imaginative thinking the social interaction provided through Aspirations generally is just as important as the more practical skills we support clients with.
How do I find out more and make a referral for Aspirations support?
Please contact us for more information and to discuss the suitability of activities if interested.