WomenMATTA (covering Manchester and Trafford) are part of the national organisation Women in Prison (WIP). WIP have existed for almost 40 years, delivering support to, and campaigning for vulnerable and marginalised women, including those affected by the Criminal Justice System. We provide holistic services to address issues relating to domestic and sexual abuse, substance misuse, mental health, housing, parenting, education, employment, poverty and debt. Women who come to WIP have often worked with multiple professionals and lack trust in state services. Our workers act as independent advocates, guiding women through an often impenetrable, hostile system when they are most in need of stability and of someone to trust.
Women MATTA support includes:
- Trauma informed, in depth 1-2-1 support.
- A rolling group work programme of structured and therapeutic workshops.
- Creative and community space offering drama and art workshops, day trips and a gardening project
- Provision of five ‘Women’s Hub’s’ where all women on probation in Manchester and Trafford are required to ‘report’ to see their probation officer in a safe space.
- Access to a free clothing, toiletries and emergency food bank.
- Access to counselling services to those engaging with support.
WomenMATTA work in partnership with various agencies across Manchester and Trafford including NHS Mental Health Teams, Children’s Social Care, the Community Drug and Alcohol Teams, Women’s Aid and Manchester Action on Street Health.
Call us on 0161 232 1778, check our website below or download our leaflet below.
St Wilfrid's Enterprise Centre
For referrals, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Who to contact
Where to go
Unit 17, Saint Wilfrid’s Enterprise Centre
- M15 5BJ
- View M15 5BJ on a map
- Associated Cost
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Please be aware that due to a high volume of referrals we are currently operating a waiting list.