Women MATTA (covering Manchester and Trafford) are part of the national organisation Women in Prison (WIP). WIP have existed for over 30 years, delivering support to, and campaigning for vulnerable and marginalised women, including those affected by the Criminal Justice System. We provide holistic services to address issues relating to domestic and sexual abuse, substance misuse, mental health, housing, parenting, education, employment, poverty and debt. Women who come to WIP have often worked with multiple professionals and lack trust in state services. Our workers act as independent advocates, guiding women through an often impenetrable, hostile system when they are most in need of stability and of someone to trust.
Women MATTA support includes:
- Trauma informed, in depth 1-2-1 support.
- Specialist Domestic Abuse service for women dually affected by both domestic abuse and criminal justice system involvement.
- A weekly ‘drop in’ including free lunch, craft activities and a rolling group work programme of structured and therapeutic workshops.
- Creative and community space offering drama and art workshops, day trips and a gardening project
- Provision of 5 ‘Women’s Hub’s’ where all women on probation in Manchester and Trafford are required to ‘report’ to see their probation officer in a safe space.
- Access to a free clothing, toiletries and emergency food bank.
- Access to counselling services
WomenMATTA work in partnership with various agencies across Manchester and Trafford including NHS Mental Health Teams, Children’s Social Care, the Community Drug & Alcohol Teams, Women’s Aid and Manchester Action on Street Health.
Call us on 0161 232 1778, check our website below or download our leaflet below.
St Wilfrid's Enterprise Centre
For referrals, please contact email@example.com
Who to contact
Where to go
- Women MATTA
Unit 17, St Wilfrid’s Enterprise Centre
- M15 5BJ
- View M15 5BJ on a map
- Associated Cost
- Referral required
- Referral Details
* Please be aware that due to a high volume of referrals we are currently operating on a waiting list of around 3 months. *