My Care My Home is an information and advice service that offers free telephone and face-to-face guidance through home visits. We can help you navigate your way through the care system and help find a suitable care provider, whether that be care in your own home, a care home or in a sheltered or Extra Care schemes. My Care My Home also offers people advice about the cost of care and the funding options available to them, how they can adapt their existing home to meet their requirements and, if necessary, assist in letting or selling their home to help fund the cost of their care.
My Care My Home can help you and your family:
- With a free advice service and visits from trained care advisers
- Decide what care service you need
- Find a care home or care service that’s right for you
- With advice about the cost of care and your funding options
- Monitor the care you receive to ensure your changing needs are met
- Rent your home or manage your property to help fund your care
- Employ your Own Carer
We offer a free, whole of market comparison of all registered care providers and unregistered retirement living schemes through its website, with search facilities, reviews of providers, their contact details and a list of their services.
The service is supported by CSSIW and the Care Quality Commission, who provides the key data, including a link through to its latest report, on each care provider listed on the site – www.mycaremyhome.co.uk.
In addition to our free information & advice, MCMH may be able to offer support via our range of chargeable services. For example, if you want to employ your own staff directly, we can support you by handling all employment matters such as
- Job description & advertisement
- Shortlisting applicants & arranging & conducting interview
- Obtaining necessary documentation such as references, disclosure and barring service, copies of qualifications etc.
- Managing the payroll & ensuring that tax, NI and other deductions are made correctly and the carer is paid on the agreed date.
- Providing monthly visits to monitor the performance of your carer(s) to ensure you are happy with the service you are receiving.