Be Smoke Free Manchester
Be Smoke Free is a free stop-smoking service, powered by Change Grow Live. The service is available to anyone aged 12+, who lives in Manchester or is registered with a Manchester GP.
Be Smoke Free will help you find your own way of stopping smoking. Whether it’s for your health, for your kids, to save money, or something else, you're more likely to succeed if you get support. With Be Smoke Free, you get expert one-on-one support from a nurse, free stop smoking aids like nicotine patches, gum or vaping equipment, and someone to encourage you and cheer you on.
When you use the service, you'll meet with a tobacco addiction nurse. They'll get to know you and find out what support you want with quitting.
The process is:
- You'll have an initial assessment. This will last for 30 minutes, and can be over the phone or in person
- After your initial assessment, you'll have a follow-up appointment every 2 weeks. This lasts for 12 weeks.
- If you'd like it, you can get your medication after your initial assessment. This might be nicotine patches, gum, or a vape.
- We can deliver your medication to your at home, or you can collect it from a pharmacy. We're also looking into postal options. You don't need a prescription or a GP appointment.
- When you can meet the nurse in person again, it will be in community venues. This might be a local library or community centre
To access Be Smoke Free's free support, you can call 0161 823 4157, email email@example.com, or fill in their referral form here - https://www.changegrowlive.org/be-smoke-free/contact
Who to contact
Where to go
- Phoenix Mill
20 Piercy St
- M4 7HY
- View M4 7HY on a map