My name is Sue Ridley. I am a registered Childminder working from home in Chorlton-Cum-Hardy, south Manchester.
I have been a registered Childminder since 1999. I live with my husband and my 26 year old Daughter. I have 3 beautiful, well behaved Cavalier King Charles Spaniels who are crate trained. The property is situated in a residential area, close to local amenities. This helps me enhance my provision, giving children opportunities to explore the world around them. All of the ground floor is used for childminding.
I have a designated playroom, where children have easy access to a large range of resources. There is a quiet room, large Kitchen, downstairs washroom/toilet and a large secure child friendly garden. The open plan kitchen is used for meals, snack time and arts and crafts........... Children are monitored during sleep time. There are small steps to the front and rear of the property which could be easily adapted for children with a disability. My setting is currently open from 8:00am -17:30pm.
I care for children all year round and do local school pickups to the local school called Brookburn Primary School. I regularly keep up to date with training and further development to improve the quality of care I provide.
I have a Level 3 qualification in Children's Care Learning and development.
- I provide a warm welcoming, inclusive environment in which children feel safe and secure.
- I provide a vast range of activities indoors, outside and within the local community.
- I do themed activities expanded from Children's interests.
- I encourage parents to contribute and share their ideas to support individual children's needs and interests.
- Resources are easy accessible to support children through the Early Years Foundation Stage and beyond.
- Children enjoy taking home Travelling Bears.
The Early Years Foundation Stage Supports children's learning in:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Physical Development
- Communication and Language
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Desig
I provide Healthy nutritious meals & snacks working with Parents/Carers to provide any special dietary needs or preferences.
- I set reasonable and appropriate limits to help prevent negative behaviour in my setting. Working closely with Parents/Carers.
- I focus on positive behaviour management. This is listed in my policies and procedures.
- I always maintain privacy and confidentiality. The only exception would be in a medical emergency or for Safeguarding issues, where I would consult with the appropriate Professionals.
I am a member of PACEY the Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years.
I will continue to follow the Government guidelines for Covid-19 and Policies and Procedures are in place
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Sue Ridley
- 07990 070 243 07990 070 243
Where to go
- Sue's Home Childcare
- View M21 on a map
- Associated Cost
- Age Ranges
- From 0 years to 8 years
- No wheelchair access
- Other notes
I accept childcare vouchers and Tax free childcare payments.
- No wheelchair access
- Has Special Needs provision
- Special Needs Experience
- 1 No disability or SEN disclosed
- Willing to care for children with special/ additional needs
- Has provision for special dietary needs
Gluten Free Diets
- All dietary requirements will be provided
- Can make special cultural provisions
- Will always cater for the needs of the child.
- No Vacancies
- Has 3 & 4 year old funding
- Has 2 year old funding
Opening Times & Facilities
Trips to local Parks
Visits to MuseumsGalleries
Visits to Playgroups
Indoor Play Areas
Internet Access approved by Parents
Accepts Childcare Vouchers
Art andor Craft Activities
Sand and Water Play
Songs and Rhymes
Sport Activities and Games
- Associated Cost
Does offer school pickups
- Brookburn Primary School
- Before & After School Service
- Ofsted URN
- Link to latest Ofsted inspection report
- Inspection history
Inspection History Date type Outcome 03/12/2007 Care Outstanding 08/02/2011 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding 03/12/2012 Inspection (Early Years Register) Good 04/10/2017 Inspection (Early Years Register) Outstanding