Breakthrough UK - North Connecting
Breakthrough UK is a Manchester based disabled people’s organisation. We are led by disabled people, and we support other disabled people to work and live independently.
We offer one-to-one support over 12 weeks.
We can support you if you live in North Manchester, are over 18 and consider yourself to be a disabled person. We can:
- Find out what you are interested in and connect you to activities
- Support you to access and understand services (including health services) and become more independent
- Support you to become more digitally confident
- Support to become more confident travelling
- Tell you about other groups and organisations who can help too
- Contact activities and agencies on your behalf
- Help connect you to organisations that can support you with everyday things.
The North Connecting Programme also offers:
- A digital focus and includes one face to face digital workshop designed for anyone with limited to no experience of using digital technology.
- This covers basic IT such as accessing Wi-Fi, setting up an email, using Zoom, contacting your GP online and online grocery shopping.
- There is also a focus on Online Safety. Avoiding internet scams, protecting privacy and identifying misinformation around health and news.
- There are also opportunities to help you develop digital skills that suit their personal interests.
- Further signposting is given towards apps and other technology that can aid with accessibility needs.
If you are interested, you can refer yourself or others to the course using the links below.
- If you are referring someone else, please complete the referral form at this link: https://bit.ly/BUKreferralform
- If you are referring yourself, please complete the self-referral form at this link: https://bit.ly/BUKselfreferralform
Who to contact
Where to go
- Abraham Moss Centre
Kevin Hyett Suite
- M8 5UF
- View M8 5UF on a map
- Associated Cost
- 0 Free of Charge
- Referral not required