MDPAG MAIN Training
We work with disabled people, businesses, architects and designers, the public sector and the voluntary and community sector in Greater Manchester and elsewhere. We promote best practice in accessible and inclusive design and access standards through:
- Our Manchester Disability Plan, chairing the Built Environment Workstream
- Access audits & access surveys
- Access Statements & Design and Access Statements
- Consultancy and contributions to consultations
- Advice on consulting with disabled people
- Training and information for organisations & companies & training on access auditing for disabled people
- Provision of information on the Equality Act, Building Regulation, planning guidance and best practice access standards, including developing materials on writing Design and Access Statements
- Projects and joint activities with local authorities, regeneration projects & the voluntary & community sector
- Providing information, advice and consultancy to other infrastructure organisations in the voluntary and community sector in Greater Manchester
- Active involvement with other disabled people’s organisations and with the voluntary and community sector in Greater Manchester
- Support for the development of Disability Equality Schemes, including impact assessment, information gathering, consulting with disabled people, access audits,disability equality training.
- Campaigns. We are involved in a number of campaigns. For more information, contact us.
- We meet regularly and hold additional consultation, training and social events.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Kath Locke Centre
123, Moss Lane East
- M15 5DD
- View M15 5DD on a map
- Other notes