BASIC is a unique specialist niche resource for people and their families following a traumatic brain injury or neurological diagnosis. This includes people recovering from severe head injury, brain haemorrhage, brain tumour and other brain-related conditions such as stroke and brain cancer. With over thirty-two years experience of working with this client group and staff include neuro-physiotherapists, physiotherapists, physical therapists, psychotherapists, cognitive therapist. A program of holistic services means that we can help make a real and lasting difference in people’s lives following a traumatic brain injury. Our services include:
- Information, education & training
- Emotional & psychological services; Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Specialist physical rehabilitation; Virtual reality systems, hands-on physiotherapy and power-assisted exercise gym
- Cognitive rehabilitation
- Advice services
- Social Activities e.g. gardening
- Self help support groups
- work experience placements
BASIC has a state of the art virtual reality suite which includes the Computer Assisted Rehabilitation Environment or CAREN, C-Mil and Dynstable to help retrain walking and balance.
This is the gold standard of rehabilitation and further details can be found on our website.
We currently have a number of bursaries for children, adults and military veterans