Parent to Parent (P2P) is the National Autistic Society's confidential telephone support service providing emotional support to parents and carers of a child or adult with autism. The service is provided by trained parent volunteers, both mothers and fathers, who offer telephone support from their own homes. The Parent to Parent volunteers are based across the whole of the UK, this means that there is increased anonymity for parents who may not want to share information with someone in their local area.
You can call free from a landline at any time and leave a message (you may be charged for calls from mobile phones). A volunteer will then phone you back as soon as possible. Our volunteers can call at a time that suits you, including evenings and weekends.
Alternatively, you can also email your enquiry via the online enquiry form: https://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/parent-to-parent/enquiry.aspx
Our volunteers can:
- provide an impartial listening ear
- support you in identifying key issues and strategies
- direct you to appropriate services for information and advice
- call you back at a convenient time during the day, evening or weekend
- offer you complete anonymity, as our volunteers are distributed across the UK
Our volunteers cannot:
- answer your call straight away, but we will call you back as soon as possible
- provide face-to-face support
- provide you with ongoing support