Working Families: Changing the way we live and work
Working Families is the UK’s leading work-life balance organisation. We help children, working parents and carers and their employers find a better balance between responsibilities at home and work.
Our free Legal Helpline gives parents and carers legal and in-work benefits advice, as well as helping them to negotiate the flexible hours they want. Our ground breaking research and campaigns seek to change the way we live and work. To that end, we also work with employers to support them in creating workplaces which encourage work-life balance for everyone.
We provide free advice on family and carer-related employment rights and in-work benefits. Before contacting us, you may first want to check if you can find the answer to your query on our advice pages. We advise for instance on:
- Pregnancy and maternity
- COVID-19 and employment
- Discrimination as a parent/carer
- Adoption, paternity, shared Parental Leave
- Flexible Working and imposed change
- Emergency, parental and parental bereavement leave
- In-work benefits and tax credits
- Free childcare and help with childcare costs
We have pages of coronavirus-related advice on:
- your employment rights
- furlough and redundancy
- what financial support you might be able to claim
- guidance for new and expecting parents
- guidance for carers (or those who are living with someone who should be ‘shielding’) during the COVID-19 pandemic.