Action for Blind People
Action for Blind People works on behalf of blind and partially-sighted people. It provides the following services:
- A collection of specialist information and a computer database of information on all aspects of visual impairment, in particular, services for visually impaired people.
- Experienced welfare rights workers offer specialist advice and information on the benefits visually impaired people can claim.
- A mobile exhibition of aids, equipment, and information travels throughout the UK.
- Publications are available free on Action for Blind People's own services. These include information about welfare rights, holidays, accommodation, employment and training.
- The website gives up to date information on Action for Blind People's services, forthcoming mobile service venues, the answers to frequently asked questions, downloadable publications and an enquiry form.
Action for Blind People also provides: out of school clubs, hotels, supported accommodation, employment services including help with finding and retaining work, and business support for self-employed people as well as help with accessing local and national services.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- 0300 123 9999 0300 123 9999
Where to go
14-16 Verney Road
- SE16 3DZ
- View SE16 3DZ on a map
- Age Ranges
- No specific age