Young Carers Support at Whalley Range High School 11-18
At Whalley Range 11-18 High School, we facilitate respite and support for students with a caring role. We are currently working towards the Young Carers in School Award and working together with our partners in schools and early help, our parents, carers and children.
What is a Young Carer?
We recognise young carers as children and young people under the age of 18, who provide care to another family member.
Within our support for young carers we consider what tasks they are doing, as well as the impact upon their emotional, physical and social wellbeing. We are aware that the demands of this caring role can sometimes affect a student’s progress.
- Half termly meetings offering opportunities for students to highlight any support required
- Regular trips such as ice skating, bowling, cinema trips
- In school events such as cooking, radio skills and gaming
- A chance to get to know other young carers in similar situations
- Links to further information and support organisations
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Fabio Da Silva and Morressa Connolly
- Contact Position
- Young Carers Champions
- 01161 861 9727 01161 861 9727 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- See Additional Notes
- Scan to visit this website
Fabio Da Silva - Young Carer Champion and Business Studies Teacher
Morressa Connolly -Young Carers Champion and Deputy Head of Pastoral & Behavior
Where to go
- Whalley Range High School 11-18
- M16 8GW
- View M16 8GW on a map