Westwood Homecare can provide the following services:
- Specialist Complex Care
- End-of-Life Care
- Personal Care, Bathing, Showering
- Continence, Toileting support and Catheter Care
- Meal Planning and Support
- Monitoring Wellbeing Checks
- Medication Administration
- Companionship Service
- Shopping, Cleaning and Domestic Services
- Emergency Cover
- Waking/Sleeping Night Care
- 24/7 Support
- And Much More
Arranging your Care
An appointment will be arranged at a time that is convenient for you where we will listen to your requirements and work with you and your family to create a tailor-made person-centred care plan that suits your needs. We will carefully select the right support workers to match your requirements, to create your own bespoke team. We pride ourselves on providing continuity of support workers who are dedicated, highly skilled, experienced, qualified professionals. As a company we continuously train and monitor our support workers ensuring they deliver our high standards of care whilst maintaining your independence.
Complex Care is also known as continuing care or long-term care and is provided to clients with substantial and continuing health requirements due to chronic illness and/or disabilities after being discharged from hospital. This could include healthcare conditions such as muscular dystrophy; breathing difficulties necessitating ventilators; brain damage; spinal injuries, epilepsy, . We work in partnership with community matrons, ICU at the hospital, the ventilation team, tissue viability nurses, physiotherapists, dieticians, . to ensure a coherent continuing approach to the healthcare of the client.
Our carers are all DBS checked, fully trained and experienced in complex care and our aim is to assist our clients in leading independent, fulfilled lives. Our in-house Training Academy provides the necessary training to enable our carers to deliver a high quality experience to our clients.
Some of the services we provide under complex care are:
- Oxygen therapy
- Bowel management
- Tracheostomy care
- Enteral/Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastronomy (PEG) feeding
- Stoma care
- Monitoring of cough assist machines and ventilators
- Gastronomy feeding
- Oral and nasopharyngeal suctioning
- Nutrition and hydration
- Pain relief
At Westwood Homecare, we pride ourselves on our specialist area, End-of-Life Care. Passing away peacefully, with dignity in our home, surrounded by our loved ones is something most of us desire. End-of-life care allows you, or your loved one, to do this.
At Westwood Homecare, we can provide a dedicated, bespoke service to you or your loved one within a few hours from referral. From referral we conduct an assessment to create a person-centred care plan including composition of a living will in communication with the family and the client. You will then be allocated a specialist end-of-life carer who will monitor the client’s status throughout and alert the Care Coordinator of any changes or concerns.
All of our end-of-life carers are DBS checked, specially trained and have attained an accredited Level 2 End-of-Life qualification. Furthermore, we have a core set staff to ensure continuity of care.
Our clients can be any age and therefore their requirements for end-of-life care are myriad. Some examples of the end-of-life package requirements that we have catered for include spending time with family; going on day trips; walking the dog; making a memory box; pampering; making and taking clients to appointments; or even getting married.
Our service also includes supporting and caring for the family members affected, covering their needs as well as the client’s. Our aim is to make the experience as stress-free as possible for the client and their family. Consequently, good communication skills are paramount in this role.
All our staff are trained to test the client’s skin, monitoring input and output, and water low scoring. We will then contact nurses to relieve pressure. In addition, we can offer (but our services are not limited to):
- Personal care
- Catheter and stoma care
- Oral hygiene
- Eye care
- Positional changes
- Nutrition and hydration
- Pain relief, which is given timely and recorded
- Fill out body maps to identify areas on the body that may have deteriorated
- Communicate and work in partnership with McMillan Nurses, District Nurses and GPs
- Twilight service from 10.30-7am
Children and Young People
Anyone who chooses to become a carer does so because they are compassionate, caring and have committed to making life more manageable and enjoyable for their clients. Caring for children and young people can be particularly difficult because the client and their family may be struggling to come to terms with the healthcare concerns, they or their loved one has. At Westwood Homecare, we pride ourselves on being one of only a few home care companies who are dedicated to making this transition easier for everyone involved. Once referred and assessed, you or your child will be matched to a core set of carers to carry out your person-centred care plan.
Reasons to choose Westwood:
- We are registered with CQC to provide services for children aged 0 to 17 years
- We provide support to children with physical, mental, social and emotional needs
- We can provide from 1 hour to 24-hour care
- We can support parents to achieve a balanced life and assist with respite periods of care
- We can assist young adults with day-to-day support, enabling them to live independently in their own home
- We can accompany and assist young adults in attending social events such as the cinema, swimming and even to the pub.
- We can support young adults going on day trips or longer holidays
- We can provide academic support to enable a young person to access mainstream education
Adult Social Care
Everyone deserves effective high-quality care and support which is a positive experience and keeps you safe, enabling you to stay and live as independently as possible in your own home. Some of the services we offer are:
- Supporting clients with mental health difficulties
- 15 minute security checks
- Moving and handling (single or double carers)
- Hygiene support
- Nutrition and hydration
- Taking clients shopping or doing shopping for them
- Taking clients on trips to the football, the pub, the market
- Academic support
- Respite, sit-in service to help family members
People with learning difficulties are an extremely vulnerable group. Westwood Homecare provide a service that encourages inclusion within the community. We create person-centred plans, tailored to the individual’s needs. We have clients with a variety of learning difficulties including (but not limited to): Autism, Asperger’s, ADHD, Tourette’s, OCD and ODD.
Our training team are in the process of creating a specific Level 2 qualification focused on Learning Difficulties and Behavioural Support which we hope will soon be accredited. Some of the services we offer are:
- Day-to-day living support
- Household tasks
- Administration support e.g. arranging appointments, organising bills, responding to mail
- Support in the community, including accompanying clients to meals, boxing matches, library visits, .
- Advice on benefits
- Promoting independence
- Teaching coping mechanisms
- Promoting self-care, hygiene and nutrition
At Westwood Homecare we felt there was a need to employ our own Registered Nurse onsite in order to guarantee clinical safety. As a result, all our complex care packages requiring clinical input are overseen and managed by our Specialist Nurse.
Our Registered Nurse, who is a band 5 RMN clinical lead and specialises in respiratory medicine, including ventilation support. She is experienced in ICU and complex care. Having a Registered Nurse would also provide the training needed in order to upskill our Support Staff to deliver specific Clinical Care tailored to suit the individual and then sign them off as competent. In addition to this we also offer training to family members/care givers to help build their confidence, enabling us to all work as a team in order to gain the best outcome for the individual.
Who to contact
Where to go
- Westwood Homecare
47 Sedgeborough Road
- M16 7EU
- View M16 7EU on a map