The Silver Line
The Silver Line is the only 24 hour, FREE and confidential helpline for older people. It is open 365 days - every day and night of the year - offering support when many other services are closed. The Silver Line supports older peolple by,
- offering friendship, information and advice from trained staff at the free phone number 0800 4 70 80 90
- signposting to relevant services or local groups which can offer additional support
- offering weekly telephone conversations or twice monthly letter exhange to those who would like to have regular friendship with a specially trained Silver Line Friend volunteer
- protecting and supporting those who are suffering abuse and neglect
Silver Line Friends are volunteers who have contacted The Silver Line because they enjoy talking to older people. They are vetted and trained and work in pairs for safeguarding and support. All calls are made through a virtual call centre and all letters are sent via The Silver Line office which will act as a postbox and will monitor the letters and send them on.
Who to contact
- 0800 4 70 80 90 0800 4 70 80 90
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
- The Silver Line
- EC1Y 8SL
- View EC1Y 8SL on a map
The address shown is a postal address only. The Silver Line is a national 24 hour telephone helpline service and does not provide drop-in centres.
- Associated Cost
- Age Ranges
- No specific age
- Referral not required
- Other notes
The Silver Line is available to all older people living in the UK.