Wai Yin Chinese Women Society
- Do you want to meet people?
- Do you want to improve your CV?
- Do you want to contribute to the community?
- Do you want to learn new skills?
- Do you want to experience Chinese culture and language?
All age groups in all areas from all nationalities.
Welcome to join us!!
- To be an interpreter
- To be a class assistant
- To be an event organiser
- DIY task
- Reward for your hard work
- Perform your expertise
- Making new friends with the same interests
- Build up your confidence and share your happiness
- Protect our environment, respect our rights and responsibilities
For further information, please contact our staff:
Telephone: 0161 833 0377
Who to contact
Where to go
- Wai Yin Society
66 - 68
- M4 5JU
- View M4 5JU on a map
5 minutes walk from Shudehill Interchange (Bus, tram, Centreline)
- Associated Cost
- Referral not required
- Referral Details
Volunteer roles at Wai Yin:
- Supporting Project Workers
- Teaching / Assisting Teachers
- Making home visits
- Translation & interpretation
- Administrative work / data analysis
- General advice
- Promote Wai Yin’s services
- Other notes
- Wai Yin has always benefited from the dedicated support of volunteers from both Chinese and non-Chinese backgrounds. Their support ranges from members of our volunteer Board of Trustees statutory duties, to regular administrative and translation work, to hands on support with project services such as table service at our elderly luncheon club and supporting excursions for service users including attending park festivals, art museum activities etc. Some of our projects are volunteer led. These include our General Advice Project, Macmillian Cancer Support, and our Drug and Alcohol Awareness project. A team of volunteers is set up for each of those projects to deliver the services to service users in the community. Internally, we have developed a volunteer policy and procedure which covers all aspects of recruitment, arranging volunteer hours, training needs and DBS checks. Many of our former service users are now volunteers, although we do get enquiries from a wide range of people who are interested in practising either Cantonese or Mandarin language skills picked up whilst travelling or working abroad. As a result, our volunteers are a diverse group of people that add to the culture of our organisation as well as undertaking tremendously valuable work. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact us. We pay limited travel and subsistence expenses, and provide training opportunities. Most of all, we aim to offer a stimulating and rewarding volunteering experience. We also advertise any specific volunteer roles on our job vacancies page. If there are no opportunities available, please do not let that stop you from applying to become a volunteer. This board is for specialist opportunities that we need to recruit for.