WMB Cornerstone Day Nursery is a branch of WMB Childcare Ltd. It was graded ‘GOOD’ by OFSTED at the settings first inspection in November 2017. The Nursery works closely with Sister Nursery Carisbrook Day Nursery within WMB Group due to its close proximity. The nursery came to be as a result of the huge demand for places at Carisbrook Day Nursery due to the high level of standard of the nursery. This has been imbibed and carried on at WMB Cornerstone Day Nursery.
The building was originally a Council Playgroup Centre, known locally as the “Beehive”. After the council closed the Centre, WMB Childcare was approached, due to the company’s fantastic reputation to take it over and extend the services offered to the local community. It is situated in Harpurhey Park, Carisbrook Street area within Harpurhey locality of Manchester.
WMB Cornerstone Nursery is a purpose-built premise with one large play room with all the required facilities. It has a large enclosed outdoor play area. WMB Cornerstone Day Nursery is a fresh, bright, newly established nursery within the locality, with a fantastic reputation within the Community.
The nursery opens Monday to Friday 8.45 am - 6:00pm, all year round, with the exception of bank holidays and Christmas holiday periods. We currently support children with Special Educational Need (SEN) and also supports a number of children who have English as an additional language.
Our practitioners are highly qualified, motivated and well supported to deliver outstanding care and learning to all children attending the setting.
The Groups Chief Operations Practitioner (COP) has a BA (Hons) in Early Childhood Studies and an Early Years Professional Status (EYPS). She also achieved Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM) Level 5 qualification. The Groups Area Coach is also a degree holder with an Early Years Teachers Status (EYTS). She possesses a Level 5 Qualification in Leadership and Management. Claudia is WMB Cornerstone Super Coach. She has a Level 6 qualification in Childcare. She has a Bachelors Degree in Special Education and has been trained for Treatment and Education of Autistic and Related Communication Handicapped Children (TEACCH). Her Deputy Coach Rachel, holds a B.A Honours in Childhoods Studies..
Majority of our practitioners hold level 3 qualifications in Childcare. We also contribute to the development of young and new practitioners by employing apprentices who are working towards their level 3 & 2 childcare qualification with on the job training. We believe in developing our practitioner’s knowledge through high quality external and internal training to help them achieve, and deliver outstanding learning for our children and families who attend Cornerstone. In line with the new government legislation all staff at WMB Cornerstone Nursery are First Aid trained. The Management Team are fully trained Designated Safeguarding Leaders.
At WMB Cornerstone, our aim is to build solid early years foundation for children (future leaders) in partnerships with our parents. We endeavour to deliver high quality care and learning opportunities and believe that children are at the heart of everything we do.
TO register your child at WMB Cornertsone, please click on the link below:
• Full & Part Time Daycare
• Short Stay Daycare (Emergency Daycare)
• Before & After School Pick Up
• Holiday Club During School Holiday.
• Music Lessons for All Register Child from 2 Years.
• Early Years Football Coaching (Courtesy Manchester City Football Club)
AFTER SCHOOL PICK UP LOCATIONS
1. St Edmonds Upper Monsall Street, Miles Platting, Manchester, M40 8NG
2. Manchester Communication Academy Rochdale Road, Manchester M9 5QL
3. Oasis Academy Alfred St, Manchester M9 5XR
4. Holy Trinity School Capstan Street, Blackley, Manchester M9 4DU
BENEFITS & FEATURES
• FREE and highly informative WMB Parental Guide
• FREE ‘No Obligation’ Taster Sessions.
• FREE 15/30 Hours Funded Places available for your 2, 3 & 4 Year Olds. T&C applies.
• Highly Interactive Parents Childcare Software.
• Highly Qualified & Trained Staff
• Family Friendly & Welcoming Atmosphere
• Custom Built Premises
• Key Fob System for All Rooms
• Extensive ‘Soft & Grassed’ Play Area
• Open Plan Room for Free Play
• CCTV & Video Entry System
• High Security Fencing to keep intruders out.
• Extensive Parking for our lovely Parents & Visitors