If you see bullying going on and don't know what to do about it, the most important thing to do is talk to someone you trust.
If you're a parent needing advice about your children and bullying, call the NSPCC Helpline on 0808 800 5000 (Textphone 0800 056 0566).
Calls are free and lines are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
If you are an adult wanting to know how you can help:
- Listen to young people's feelings and concerns
- Help them to explore their options and don't take over
- Talk to other adults. Explore options both in school and at home
- Encourage children to feel good about themselves - those who bully and the bullied often lack self-esteem
- Encourage children to understand that we are all different, yet all equally important
- Encourage children to think about their own and each others' feelings.