The Sensory Team at Manchester City Council
The Sensory Team is a specialist team within Adult Social Care, providing support for people who are deaf, hard-of-hearing, visually impaired (whether partially sighted or blind) or who have a combined sensory loss.
Services offered: equipment assessments for either hearing loss or sight loss (or dual sensory loss); visual impairment rehabilitation assessments, mobility and/or daily living skills training for visually impaired people; and advice for welfare rights and benefits entitlements, and general information, guidance, advocacy or signposting in relation to other issues that people with sensory impairments may need support with, such as concessionary bus pass authorisation.
Referrals for services/assessments should be made via Manchester Contact Service on 0161 234 5001. Also accessible via RelayUK, or SignVideo for BSL users and email@example.com. The team can be contacted for general enquiries by telephone on 0161 227 3901, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who to contact
- Contact Position
- Sensory Duty Officer
- 0161 227 3901 0161 227 3901 MCC Adult Social Care Contact Centre 0161 234 5001 MCC Adult Social Care Contact Centre 0161 234 5001 MCC main switchboard 0161 234 5000 MCC main switchboard 0161 234 5000
- Support For People With Sensory Loss
- Scan to visit this website
- Parent Organisation
- Manchester City Council
Where to go
- Manchester City Council Sensory Team
Gorton Hub 1st Floor
27 Garrett Way
- M18 8HE
- View M18 8HE on a map
Since staff have adopted 'hybrid working', citizens are asked not to come to Gorton Hub Office unless by prior arrangement.
- Associated Cost
- Age Ranges
- 18 and over
- Referral required
- Referral Details
Referrals from citizens or other agencie for assessments by the team should be made via the Manchester Contact Service:
- Telephone: 0161 234 5001
- RelayUK textphone relay service: 18001 0161 234 5001
- Email: email@example.com
- Online referral form: Social Care for Adults Online Referral
- British Sign Language [BSL] users can make a referral in BSL directly through the directory in the SignVideo app, or by using the web directory at this link: SignVideo Directory
- going to Manchester City Council social care webpage (SignVideo Interpretation Service) and clicking on the link for SignVideo.
Internal referrals from other MCC teams should be done via Liquidlogic system, following guidance in manuals for Contact and Additional Referrals.