Dimobi Childrens Disability Trust is a special needs and disability trust based in Newton Heath, Manchester. It is our mission to help families accept and support children with disabilities.
We have a drop in for parents every Tuesday 1.30 - 3pm (Term Time only) in Newton Heath Sure Start Centre.
Aims and Objectives
To Equip Parents with the Extra Skills and Confidence Needed to Nurture and Develop Disabled Children
- To Enable Disabled Children to Have a Happy Childhood
- To Provide Parents with Support and Breaks from the Pressure of Caring for a Disabled Child
- To Deliver Workshops on Harmful Cultural Practices that Affect the Well-Being of Disabled Children
- To Gather Evidence that DCDT and Families Have Better Access to Services
- To Gather Evidence that Families and Communities Have Greater Confidence in Engaging
- To Avail and Improve the Dissemination of Information and Strategies Needed to Combat Denial
- To Secure Evidence That Learning Has Informed Practice
- To Influence the Implementation of Strategies for Putting Policy into Practice
- To Influence Legislation, Regulation, and Guidance to Ensure the Interests of DCDT and Families Are Recognised and Met
Please view our website for further details.