Caritas Aspire - Education (Caritas Diocese of Salford)
Caritas Aspire (Education) works alongside refugees and people seeking asylum to assist in their journey of integration and wellbeing. We do this by providing high quality language lessons, delivered in a welcoming community environment, mentoring into further education and employment, and wrap-around well-being services.
Our service provides:
• Education: English language is the main barrier to young refugees entering training, further education and employment. We offer over 60 hours of English tuition each week, taught by fully qualified teachers, at seven different language levels.
• Higher Education, employability, and training: We undertake detailed casework with refugees, helping them to find and apply for courses, as well as to skill-up to the required level for given courses. Information, advice and guidance is also given to equip refugees with the skills and information needed to enter the jobs market;
• Qualifications: We offer bespoke training for vital qualifications (IELTS, Functional Skills English, Functional Skills Maths) needed to enter training, employment, and further education. We also offer pathways to funding for these qualifications.
• Well-being support: We offer referrals to other Caritas services and external organisations on a range of welfare issues, including housing, destitution, legal problems and mental health.
Who to contact
- Contact Name
- Francesco Leoni
- Contact Position
- Aspire Education Manager
- 01618172250 01618172250
- Caritas Website Refugee Education
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
- Classes operated from Caritas House and the Mustard Tree
4 Nobby Stiles Drive
- M4 4FA
- View M4 4FA on a map