Anson Community Grocer
What is a Community Grocer?
Community Grocers are a redistribution scheme for surplus food and household items that would otherwise go to waste. They look and feel like a traditional shop with members paying £2.50 for around £12 worth of goods including fresh produce. But they are more than just a shop, they are a valued community hub.
Each Community Grocer is locally managed and controlled, meeting local need and a place where people want to go. Along with tackling the food poverty they are a starting point for transforming lives by offering activities, training, volunteer opportunities and access to partner services.
Becoming a Member
- Membership is available to people living within 15-minutes walking distance of the project.
- Simply join for free at the project and if we have free places you can start shopping straight away.
- If the project is full you will be placed on a waiting list.
- Then you pay £2.50 and chose your items with our colour-coded guide.
Who to contact
Where to go
The Anson Community House
38 Meldon Road
- M13 0TR
- View M13 0TR on a map
- Associated Cost
- £2.50 for around £12 worth of goods.
- Referral not required