CEA Cinema Cards for Carers of Disabled Young People & Adults
The Cinema Exhibitors Association (CEA) offers a national card that can be used to verify that the holder is entitled to one free ticket for a person accompanying them to the cinema.
To apply for the card you will need submit proof to show that you meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Attendance Allowance (AA)
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
- Severely Sight Impaired Registration (formerly Registered Blind)
- Sight Impaired Registration (formerly Partially Sighted)
If you are unable to find this correspondence, or do not meet the above criteria but believe that as a result of your disability you still need someone to accompany you to the cinema, please contact us.
Please note we don't accept Universal Credit, Employment and Support Allowance or being a Blue Badge holder as sole proof of eligibility.
The licence conditions placed on cinemas by local authorities generally require children under the age of 8 to be accompanied. For that reason, Cardholders must be 8 years of age or older.
You will also need to supply a passport-sized photo with your application to appear on the card. A processing fee of £6.00 is chargeable per card. This is to be sent along with the completed application
See the website for more details, including application forms and details of participating cinemas.
Who to contact
- 01244 526 016 01244 526 016
- Scan to visit this website
Where to go
- The Card Network
- CH5 2QS
- View CH5 2QS on a map