Caring with Confidence provides free learning opportunities and experience for carers to help make a positive difference to their life and that of the person they care for. Key Features of Sessions
- carers have the opportunity to meet other people in a similar situation, share experiences and build friendships, combating the feelings of isolation some face in their caring role
- carers have access to useful, relevant information and know-how to develop their skills and knowledge
- better informed and more confident carers are more likely to be able to identify and use the services available to them
- carers who look after their own health and wellbeing are more likely to be able to continue helping to care for their loved ones who therefore may be less likely to need long-term care
- group sessions are run by local Providers including carers centres, PCT’s, charities, Local Authorities and support groups who have experience and knowledge of working with other local organisations, thus bringing together services available to carers.