Indian Senior Citizens Centre - Day support services for elderly Indians (50+)
The Indian Senior Citizens Centre is a Charity Registered (1040167) BME Voluntary organisation which provides culturally sensitive Day Resource Services for Indian Older People of city wide Manchester, Trafford, Stockport, Bury and Salford.
Our main aim is to provide culturally sensitive day resource services for the elderly Indian community. We offer a large range of activities at our centre that offer educational, fitness, social and above all fun events for all.
Some Of Our Activities:
- Transport to and from the centre provided by our minibuses.
- Entertainment through TV, Video, Radio and live performances by members
- Music sessions everyday.
- Luncheon Club, nutritious vegetarian meals freshly outsourced.
- Library facilities – English, Gujarati, Hindi.
- Arts and handicrafts classes weekly.
- Chiropody fortnightly
- Medical talk from from various institution
- Screening clinic once a month on blood pressure, blood sugar, chest diseases, heart diseases etc
Some Other Benefits We Offer:
- Information, advice through a Link Worker every Thursday.
- Yoga and exercise on Wednesday and Thursday consecutively.
- Respite care, leisure and trips for carers
- Monthly coach trips to places of interest outside of Manchester
- Weekly general meeting of users.
- Subcommittees for different activities – convenor of each subcommittee is a member of management committee.
- Regular fund raising activities.
- Management committee meeting 1st Monday of each month
- Quarterly monitoring questionnaires
- Quarterly newsletters
- Quarterly monitoring by all social services departments
Who to contact
Where to go
- Indian Senior Citizens Centre
16-18 Whalley Road
- M16 8AB
- View M16 8AB on a map
- Associated Cost
- Referral not required
- Other notes
Services for Indian elderly (50+)