Manchester has been heading strongly towards a 2025 target to become an even more talented, fair, buzzing, great-to-live-in, connected place.
We'd come so far because the vision we were aiming for belongs to thousands of Mancunians who agreed the kind of Manchester we should become by 2025.
Even before COVID-19 set us back, we knew that our growing success was not reaching some of the people and communities we need to reach.
Not enough of our most disadvantaged people and communities are yet sharing enough of our city’s economic wealth, better-paid jobs, improving education and training, or our wider choice of housing options.
The basics needed for every resident to have a better life haven’t changed.
Our city still needs to be:
- Thriving – creating great jobs and healthy businesses that our people benefit from
- Filled with talent – home-grown in all our local communities as well as the world’s best
- Fair – with equal chances for everyone to unlock their potential, no matter where in our city they were born or where they live
- A great place to live – with loads to do, leading the way to a low-carbon future that creates new opportunities for our residents
- Buzzing with connections – world-class transport and brilliant broadband that put all Mancunians in touch with chances to get ahead.
The challenge to now include everyone in this successful future is bigger than ever. We've seen, through the coronavirus spring of 2020, what coming together in new ways and doing things differently can achieve.
Help to reset Manchester’s ambition to be the place where everyone can be everything they want to be. Take the survey, tell us your priorities, share your ideas, and let us know how you can play your part in moving Our Manchester forward.
Link to survey:
For information on the background and reasons for the 'reset':