Invitation to COVID-19 vaccination for 12 to 15 year olds
As you will be aware, all 12-15 year olds across the UK are currently being offered a first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine (Pfizer vaccine) as the next phase of the national COVID-19 vaccination programme.
As part of this programme, vaccinations are being delivered by the NHS teams from Manchester Local Care Organisation (MLCO) and Trafford Local Care Organisation (TLCO) via their NHS School Health Immunisation Service. This includes providing an offer for children who are not in mainstream education.
We are writing to you to invite you to book an appointment for your child for a COVID 19 vaccination.
Vaccination clinics are available next week from Monday 25 October to Friday 29 October at two venues:
- Main Oxford Road Hospital Campus, 193 Hathersage Road M13 OBH (on the hospital campus where the Manchester Royal Infirmary and Royal Children’s Hospital are located)
- North Manchester General Hospital, Crumpsall, M8 5RB.
Children must be accompanied by a parent/guardian when attending. Unfortunately due to space restrictions only one adult will be permitted to accompany children. You should allow around 40 minutes for the vaccination as you will need to book in at the session and children have to wait for 15 minutes post vaccination. Parking is available on site near the clinics and both sites are well accessed by public transport.
How to book your appointment
An appointment can be booked by clicking on the following link;
Please note you will only be able to book an appointment if your child is between 12 and 15 years of age. The link will allow you to select the venue and time. There are a number of questions to complete on the form as well.
For further information about the covid vaccine for young people please see the attached information leaflet.
- There is a useful guide for parents available here that talks in detail about the vaccination and consent: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1020602/PHE_12073_COVID-19_parents_leaflet.pdf
- Leaflets and resources for young people are available here - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-resources-for-children-and-young-people
- Information is also available for young people in a range of other languages from these links: English, Arabic, Bengali, Brazilian, Portuguese, Bulgarian, Chinese, Estonian, Farsi, Greek, Gujarati, Hindi, Latvian, Lithuanian,
Panjabi, Pashto, Polish, Romanian, Romany, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Tagalog, Turkish, Twi, Ukrainian, Urdu and Yiddish.
If there are any enquiries please direct these to;